TLScontact designed a variety of services to enhance your visa application experience.
Click here to learn more about ALL OF OUR SERVICES

Application Information

Document & Visa Types

Please follow these steps in order to apply for a Schengen visa. A Schengen visa allows a maximum stay of 90 days within a period of 180 days in the Schengen countries. France must be your main travel destination..

Please select the purpose of your trip to France using one of the following visa categories. Click on the items to download the required documents.

Please prepare
the documents below carefully.


Read the list of documents which need to be submitted with your visa application based on your travel purpose and prepare the documents carefully. Please always choose the correct travel purpose.

【Shanghai Consular 】Requested by the French Consulate in Shanghai:
If you apply for a short stay visa: Please submit a round-trip flight ticket reservation from/to China.
If you apply for a long stay visa: Please submit a one-way fight ticket reservation from China.

Family, tourism, private or friend visit

Short stay (less than 90 days)

Long stay (more than 90 days)

Professional purpose

Short stay (less than 90 days)

Long stay (more than 90 days)

Relatives of citizens or spouses of EU member states

Visiting a relative who is a French citizen or French citizen’s spouse

Visiting a relative who is an E.U. citizen or the spouse of an E.U. citizen

You wish to go to France to visit one of your relatives who is a citizen of the European Union, European Economic Area or has Swiss nationality, or is the spouse of a citizen of the European Union, European Economic Area or has Swiss nationality.

This relative is either your spouse, your direct ascendant, your direct ascendant’s spouse or your child.

If your E.U. citizen relative is a student and is your child, you should apply for a normal Family visit visa.

If you are over 21 years old or financially independent from your E.U. citizen parents, you should apply for a normal Family visit visa.

Study abroad


Student Spouse

You wish to go to France for more than 90 days to visit your spouse or accompanying, who is either currently studying or will be studying in France.Please refer to the dedicated categories Visitor (more than 90 days) (Family, tourism, private or friend visit) or Long stay family reunion under OFII procedure.

Scholar or cultural exchanges for student groups (less than 90 days)

Other visa types


You are a seaman and you wish to go to France to board a ship.
For applicants of Shanghai consular area, please contact firstly the inviting company in France. You may apply for your visa when the Consulate has received the E-mail from the inviting company.

Unpaid sporting or cultural activities (less than 90 days)

Tour leader ADS

Long-term family reunion OFII

Long stay family reunion under OFII procedure

You wish to go to France for more than 90 days to visit a relative who is neither a French citizen nor a French citizen’s spouse, and you will follow the [OFII procedure]. Even if some required documents have been already provided to obtain the OFII form, they must be provided again for your visa application.

Before applying for this visa type, please check with TLScontact to ensure that the Consulate General has received your OFII documentation from the French Office of Immigration and Integration. If travelling to a French overseas department or territory under the OFII procedure or for any further information, please call TLScontact. For the applicants in Shanghai consular area, please prepare the documents according to the notification that you received from the Consulate General of France in Shanghai.

French Overseas (DROM-CTOM)

DROM, French overseas “Départements” and “Régions” are: Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique, Mayotte, and Réunion.

CTOM, French overseas territories are: French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna, New Caledonia and its dependencies, Saint Martin, Saint Barthélémy and Saint-Pierre and Miquelon.

These territories are accessible by holding a multiple-entry Schengen visa issued by a French consulate whose current validity is between 6 months and 5 years. If not, you must apply for a specific visa.

  • Document list: For French Polynesia, Réunion, New Caledonia (Short-stay Tourist).
  • Special case of Polynesia, Reunion and New Caledonia: All Chinese tourists traveling through an approved agency are now exempt from visa for Reunion or French Polynesia or New Caledonia, for stays of up to 14 days. Please click here to view the list of accredited travel agencies. For more information, you can also check on website of French authorities.
  • For the other islands of DROM-CTOM the application method is the same as for other Schengen visa types.

You can click here for more information about DROM-CTOM.